LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university
LSE Doctoral Training Partnership
ESRC Postdoctoral Fellow (7 posts available)
Salary is awarded at £39,932 pa inclusive of London allowance
This is a fixed term appointment for up to one year or up to two years part-time
The call is open to applicants who have completed their PhD at a research organisation that is part of an ESRC Doctoral Training Partnership.
Fellowships are aimed at those in the immediately postdoctoral stage of their career, to provide the opportunity to consolidate their PhD through developing publications, networks, research and professional skills. Applicants to the LSE are required to submit a full application proposal by the advertised closing date of 23 March 2021, 4pm.
Candidates should have the following:
- A PhD completed at a research organisation that is part of an ESRC DTP.
- A PhD awarded or thesis submitted and viva voce passed with minor corrections by 23 March 2021.
- Not more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience from the viva pass date to the 23 March 2021.
- The ability to design and develop a feasible plan to produce high quality planned outputs during the fellowship that are appropriate and attainable.
- The ability to communicate the goals and results of research to academic and non-academic audiences both in writing and verbally.
- The ability to demonstrate awareness and address any ethical issues that may be raised by the proposed programme of work.
- The ability to plan and justify the resources necessary to complete a programme of work.
- The ability to engage in impact activities and develop pathways to impact.
For further information about the post, please see the LSE ESRC PDF Call Specification 2021, LSE ESRC PDF How to Apply 2021, Job Description and the Person Specification.
Please also see the ESRC Justification of Resources Form and the ESRC Application Form.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org,uk
The closing date for receipt of applications will be 23 March 2021 (16.00 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications. Successful candidates will be contacted by 25 June 2021. Appointments will start 1 October 2021.