LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university
Department of International Relations
LSE Fellow (China Global South)
Salary from £39,313 to £47,148 pa inclusive with potential to progress to £50,614 pa inclusive of London allowance
These are fixed term appointments for 2 years
Applications are invited for an LSE Fellowship based in the Department of International Relations to commence by 1st September 2023. The Fellowships are fixed-term appointments for two years.
You should have a broad background in International Relations, with specialist expertise in foreign policy, economic statecraft, and China’s role in the Global South.
Candidates should have:
· successfully completed, or be close to completing, a PhD in International Relations, Political Science, or related discipline, by the post start date;
· very good knowledge of International Relations, and a developing research record in China’s role in the Global South;
· a promising research profile;
· excellent communication and presentation skills;
· the ability to work in close partnership with fellow teachers and to foster an engaging and supportive learning environment;
· a commitment to equality and diversity.
Relevant teaching experience, experience of managing and contributing to course virtual learning environments, and experience in carrying out course administration are desirable.
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
An LSE Fellowship is intended to be an entry route to an academic career and is deemed by the School to be a career development position. As such, applicants who have already been employed as a LSE Fellow for three years in total are not eligible to apply. If you have any queries about this please contact the HR Division.
To apply for this post, please go to www.jobs.lse.ac.uk. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email Romy Mokogwu firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16 April 2023 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept late applications.